Below are references to works written in a variety of styles, including:
- educational content
- technical writing
- consumer website content
- accessible, popularised academic content
- professional, academic-style essay.
This online course is designed for a range of non-fiction writing, including:
- personal essays
- persuasive essays
- academic essays
By design, the course takes a conversational tone and is a mixture of “lecture”, external readings, and a variety of hands-on, marked activities.
Unpretentious cooking with a humorous edge. Good food. No fuss.
- Numbers Game – Numberama Strategy
- Numbers Game – Numberama 1 – 18 Solution
- Numbers Game – Numberama 1 – 19 Solution
- Numbers Game – Numberama, Random Solution 1
- Numbers Game – Numberama, Random 1000
The archives of the original DaddingFullTime.com, plus new material since 2015.
An account of a journey to the tip of New Zealand, originally appearing in JAAM: Just Another Art Movement, vol. 32.
A book that investigates the concepts of thinking, meaning, and philosophy, with an emphasis on the writings of Ludwig Wittgenstein and Gilbert Ryle.
This article argues that philosophy instructors in general, and critical thinking instructors in particular, profit from developing concise preparatory remarks for introductory classes. To this end, it argues for two simple, but effective, introductory descriptions of philosophy: (1) talking about how we do what we do and why we do what we do, and (2) critical thinking applied to writing.
Sorrell, B. (2015), On Crafting Introductory Remarks: Developing a Synthetic Conception of Critical Thinking. Metaphilosophy, 46: 127–140. doi:10.1111/meta.12117
An analysis of G.E. Moore’s “Proof of an External World”, arguing in favour of its success, and with an emphasis on its connection to Kant’s attempts to create his own proof.
Contributor to Parenting / Dads, including:
- Cover Letter from a Stay-at-home Dad
- Art Interpretation with Love
- Bob Steele
- On Presence and Learning to Love
- The Economics of Fedoras and Fussiness
Essays on parenting as an expat in New Zealand.